Saturday, August 8, 2009

Okay everyone, guess what?! We're back on track with our blogs (finally!) and we're back on the road again! Well, on Friday we went to Notre Dame college in Indiana and had to do a scavenger hunt to get our next hint which took us to Chicago! So we met at a cafe in Indiana and ate at Jimmy Johns and then we started on our way to Chicago! Well we got to the freeway in Chicago and most of you know the Chicago traffic.. Well, I had to pee about 20 minutes BEFORE we got stuck in the traffic on the freeway so of course I was literally almost crying cause we were sitting in traffic for about... an hour maybe? haha it was soo bad. So we finally just had to try and find an exit to go to the bathroom because by that time almost everyone in every van had to go to the bathroom so it was terrible. So we got off and went to the bathroom and the original plan was to go to the hotel and get checked in and then race to the water tower but since the freeway was so backed up Mike decided to just stay downtown for the night and eat supper and do our devotions downtown. So we went to Giovani's downtown and it was really popular so we reserved a table and some of us went shopping for about an hour.. then we went back and ate the famous deep dish Chicago pizza (Yumm! But definitely not as good as Bucca de Beppos) It was really good but I was really full after one slice! haha Then we walked down to John Hancock Observatory and walked around up there for a little bit and did our prayer time up there.. It was so beautiful and I don't know why but for some reason the prayer time that night really got to me.. it really touched me and I understood things a lot better and I felt like I really connected with God that night. Then we went back to the hotel and slept in (yayy!) until 11:00 the next morning and we got up and went downtown and just did the normal things.. ya know dinked around a little.. No what we really did was went to Water Tower Place (this huge mall in downtown Chicago.. it's so cool and definitely has one of the coolest, but most expensive, food courts I've ever been to) and we ate lunch there, then Mike took us to this place in downtown Chicago called Pacific Garden Mission and we got a tour of that place and it was amazing.. just to see how people did things there and how many people are out on the streets hurting and using drugs and trying to commit suicide? It was just sad and it really touched me. We heard some peoples' stories of how they came to find Christ and it gave me the shivers. This place runs souly on donations.. Everything they do and have is donated, they don't spend ANY money.. isn't that amazing?! That just shows you how much God is working in our everyday lives with everyday people and we don't even know it.. It has definitely made me look at my everyday life and all my things. I have been way selfish, I mean some people are out there starving and barely wearing any clothes and i'm complaining cause my parents won't buy me a laptop.. It really makes me realize how selfish I've been. It's truely amazing. But anyway sorry this is so long.. once I find out where we're going next i'll definitely let you know ;) keep checking up on us!
Me Megan and Brittney on a gorilla statue right before we left for Illinois!


Me and Mikky. I know we look soo cute with greasy hair and no make up haha




haha don't I look cute



the view from the top of the Hancock Observatoy.. It was so pretty, especially as it got later.



Me and Mikky about to fall in Lake Michigan.. AHH!


Me and Cody!


Mikky and Cody!



Me and Mikky on the skywalk above the subway



Me Mikky and Brittney in the bathroom at the food court. (Which by the way was thee most complex, confusing, yet cool food court I have ever been too! It was the one in Water Tower Place mall, a huge mall, but if you ever go there tell me what you think of it)



Me Megan Brittney and Mikky in the bathroom



The four of us with Dennis the Menace!



The four of us with him again but farther away haha. isn't he a cutie?!


The cafeteria in the Pacific Garden Mission



Some of the workers at the mission



Megan touching the beds they sleep on (very uncomfortable looking beds I might add)



Mikky with the beds


Our tour guide holding open the door to the Chapel for us


The Chapel in the mission



The wall of the chapel


The sign outside of the Mission

I'm not really sure what this is.. but I'm gonna guess it's the sign for the Pacific Garden Mission that we helped at.. I'm not really sure.. It's just a guess, but that's what I think.

0 comments: